Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ugly Clinton???


ok, so I just got back from my lunch break where I was supposed to hop out to pick up my daily contact lenses, juice and diapers....and instead, I broke down and ordered a pair of glasses (which I never wear) as I was convinced by the "not so ugly" sales boy Claudio that if I continued to wear only contact lenses all my eye muscles would turn to mush and I would be blind by 40! So to the tune of €350 - translations $500 I have ordered a new pair of glasses that I desperately hope will not make me look like Ugly Betty. It's bad enough that there is such a thing as "adult acne" damn the man, and now I have to wear glasses- what's next "adult braces?"

5 comments:

Nat D said...

I love my glasses, I'm sure they'll be really cute.

Katherine C. said...

Oh! I freaking love glasses. I am going to the eye dr. on Monday and cannot wait to pick out some new glasses. You must post a picture of you with your new spectacles, Gene!

eliza said...

I now wear my glasses every day. I can see better with them and they are less of a pain than contacts. I pretend they make me look smart/sexay. I got them at Target. I guess they don't have Target in Firenze. Good luck!

Elizabeth H. said...

I want to see your glasses!

Clinton Gene Healey said...

As soon as I get these "occhiali signori"- glasses for a real lady Claudio told me I will take a picture and post it.