Friday, January 18, 2008

Scary Dreams

I was reading about my friend Natalie's dream the other day and last night I had a doozy. So anyway I will not even go into the fact that I have not had more than 4 hours continuous sleep this week due to varying factors.....Madison waking up and wanting to know I am there, him need for some reason this week to have the light on, the lovely little kicks that he gives me in my sleep and of course last night---the big "Maddy Moo is going to sleep in the his own big bed" which led to a 1am waking up crying searching for Mamma-three peas in a pod- or 3 people, a cat and a partridge in a pear tree in my bed..so between Alessandro snoring like a Crazy Train and little feet up my back, kitty making biscuits on my tummy--needless to say it was a restless night before the NIGHTMARE occurred. Ok, so there we are all three (oops) 4 if you include the cat in the bed with Maddy in the middle. I have this horrible nightmare that I woke up to find a crazy, scary, bedraggled and toothless (imagine Ethan Hawkes description of that guy in DPS) homeless man standing over our bed with not 1 BUT 2 knives calmly but crazily telling me that he must kill us..now for some reason I am the only one who is awakened by this man who is literally holding death over our heads...I am sure you could reason that this represents my feelings of how Alessandro is not involved in things I think are important and Madison's ignorance due to age and innocence for all things evil...in any event--without waking anyone up I am able by using my calm voice to talk this crazy beggar man with a white beard (O Capt'n My Capt'n) to hand over first the small knife (which I quickly toss under the bed in a Law & Order type swiftness) and just as I am about to take possession of the larger sword/knife I realize that I am holding the sharp blade in my hand and just at the moment when Capt'n Jack is about to give it up he changes him mind and slashes my hand open exposing me (in my dream) to all sorts of imagined infections and diseases that I could have potentially picked up from the unclean blade....then I wake up. So the disease thing is not new as this is all part of my phobias/OC disorder which seems to rear its ugly head (despite my meds- which I forget to take frequently- that could be why) when I am under a lot of stress. Might I also mention that I have had unbearable pain in my neck and shoulders this week... I bought that damn Roll-On essential oils Anti-Stress thing and am using often--I have finished my Rescue Remedy-what is going on Marvin Gaye?
So I am just finishing up a week of work slaving at the computer renting luxury villas to people who are apparently made of money and the low USD is not affecting, I am having a cup of tea that smells like cumin (armpits) and am about to head home... what I am thinking tonight is Tylenol PM and earplugs!!!

3 comments:

Nat D said...

Cumin really is eau de armpittes! Pigs slaughtered at Piggly Wiggly, Geenie Weenie. Don't forget.

Clinton Gene Healey said...

omigod- how did you remember that? I can't barely remember it except for now when you say it--we have the weirdest dreams...

Nat D said...

I remember the weirdest things. forever.