Tuesday, January 8, 2008

checking in

so I am trying to blog more frequently as I am interested in what others are doing and there is the off chance that someone I know might be interested in what I am doing. At the moment I am at work- feigning work - as I have really none to do. My left buttock cheek is hurting from my sedentary lifestyle, but this morning I finally (after joining in July 2007) when to the pool to swim. It was a "prova" [Italian for ....for ...for..shit. can't think] a trial run sortof. I wanted to do my Power Yoga this morning and seeing as we bought a new DVD/VHS combo the other day and Madison slept at his grandparents as he is Scarlet with Fever I was again "a singlish adult"..however and there is always a however, this NEW DVD player does not play Region 1 (a.k.a. American DVDs. effer) so we are going to have to be rednecks and put the OLD DVD player on top of the NEW DVD player so I can see all my movies (50% of which are American). Goddammit!!!! So needless to say Power Yoga was American - I couldn't watch it and so I did a trial run at the pool- to see how long it takes to get there, swim a bit, shower, dry hair and get to work. It seems as if ..if I leave my house at 8.30 I can get there, swim about 45mins and be dressed and at work for 10.30. So I have made a deal with Alessandro- we are going to try for me to go to the pool on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning and he will take Madison to school and on Tuesday and Thursday night he will go to JUDO for 8pm...sounds like a deal to me. By the way, I am digressing but I just now finally saw the new version of HAIRSPRAY thanks to Carden Gene who sent it to me for Xmas. Love ya girl.... John Travolta is so good! My favorite line is "this sooooo Afrotastic" I wish I could say that a lot, but I don't think it is PC-but it's like saying Afrodisiac.... I like it... no offense intended.

2 comments:

Katherine C. said...

Oh, I really want to see the new Hairspray!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in the pool. It's such a good way to exercise. Very kind to muscles and joints. Plus, everyone knows about the Healey girls and their swimming acumen.