Thursday, June 28, 2007

Worst Songs Ever


We built this city by Starship is by far one of the worst songs ever written. Apparently I am not alone as I have googled this song that I am being forced by work space radio to listen to. I mean really- At the moment I am sitting at my desk eating a pear and cottage cheese (although not together) and wondering how I am going to make it to 5 o'clock. The witching hour today as I am taking off early for a chiropractic appointment. My hub-a-dub is out o' town tonight and therefore while I appreciate the freedom, I have to go to a dinner party where I only know 1 person and I don't relish the idea of going solo. I really want to leave now, but I can't. I have to sit here at my desk like an autonotom and pretend to work!
DAMN THE MAN!

"The Man. Oh, you don't know The Man? The Man's everywhere: in the White House, down the hall, Miss Mullins; she's The Man! And The Man ruined the ozone, and he's burning down the Amazon and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! Okay! And there used to be a way to stick it to The Man, it was called rock 'n roll. But guess what? Oh no! The Man ruined that too with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause The Man's just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourself a favor and just give up!"
-- 

2 comments:

Nat D said...

Amanda T. once summed up "We built this city" by proclaiming it a stripmall song. I thought it appropriate as I sang along.

Elizabeth H. said...

Amanda T., a wise woman, is correct. I think that Knarf had the cassette.