Thursday, June 21, 2007

What's going on............


What's going on............

So this morning I was allowed to sleep until 7AM - HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD
O:-)
Then of course there was the usual "mamma ahm on" (translation Mamma come on) and I was dragged out
of bed and into the kitchen to
  1. turn on the TV to cartoons
  2. try to interpret what my little changeling wants for breakfast
all without killing myself since at this point I am still blind as I have not had a chance to put on my contacts.
I then sneakily try to roll back into bed, but this never works--the enemy knows his adversary too well. I am again taken out of the bed by the hand to watch my son do his Jackson Pollack imitation with his yogurt (although the glee he finds in this strange activity melts away all my anxiety about having to clean it all up later).
Then I attempted to take a shower, I was almost finished-- I was putting the conditioner in my hair when I hear high pitched screaming and wailing..while I am concerned I figured that in addition to the whole neighborhood that Babbo (Daddy in Italian) surely heard the fruit of his loins screaming and would intervene at some point...No, that is not what happened. I see a little face, full of crocodile tears peeking around the corner of the shower curtain with a bottle of black pepper in his hands. Naturally, I assume we have some how managed to get pepper in our eyes (how he got the pepper is a mystery that no one will uncover). No, that's not it.. Then I thought I heard MEOW MEOW and so I inspected him for cuts from the cat - not an unusual occurance since Madison occasionally likes to growl in the cat's face or throw books at her (I have told him that this is "unacceptable behavior"). Nope, no signs of mauling...what could be causing all this commotion???? Then as I listened
closer I started to decifer "mio mio mio" which means "mine, mine, mine" but Madison uses to mean "for me, for me, for me" and I realized that the outstretched hands and hysterical crying meant he wanted me to put him in the shower with me. Ok, get the earplugs (for his constantly sick ears) take off the diaper and pop him in the shower. He marvels at the water coming from the shower head and giggles.
Fine, even though he has severely limited my shower space it's OK...until we have to get out. You would think I just ran over his dog (if he had one) he was so beside himself. Needless to say a tortilla wrap up with the towel, sitting on mamma's lap for a few
minutes watching "Einntain" (translation- Little Einsteins) and we were fine. However, at this point I was running late and realized that I would not be able to bring him to s'cool and make my chiropractor appointment. So, at this point Babbo was very nice and conceded to bring his offspring to s'cool... Made it to my appointment (only 5 minutes late- early by Italian standards) only to sit there for half an hour before being seen...Again this is quite normal and expected.
Which leads me to what I really wanted to talk about:

Chiropractors....hummm are they quacks or real professionals???? Don't know but I am trying them out. My chiropractor seems a bit wacky but also seems to know his shit and I am feeling a bit better (afterwards)..This morning I seriously felt like a sausage being thrown in a hot skillet. I was being flipped and twisted in all directions. I laughed, I cried I will be there on Monday. Gotta see it through. **For all of you that know me - and I assume that no one who doesn't know me would be reading this...the mongy arm - injured at birth has been a cross for me to bear for the last 32 years. And although the only thing it really kept me from was becoming a middle school cheerleader at EHS with all my girlfriends (at least I blame the obscure gymnastics that I attempted as the reason I did not become one of the elite tween girls with pom poms and short skirts) I would really like to have it "fixed" so I am going the chiropractic way for now.

No comments: