Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday once Again

It is Thursday once again and every morning I debate about getting up and going for a run know full well that there is no way in hell I am going to actually leave the house and run. The number one reason being I hate to run. The number two reason being I HATE TO RUN!!! and I don't often get much sleep. Last night I actually used ear plugs and slept in the living room to escape the grand central station that my bedroom has turned into. Amazingly, I slept from 3am to 8am which was pretty great. I actually went to bed at 11pm but was awakened at 2am-3am by crying child. I am not sure but I am about to KICK THE ASS of whatever scary monster is making him wake up every night.
In any event, the day is passing quite nicely and I am looking forward to the weekend. I just realized that in less than 10 days I will be in Sicily with my family (sans Cardene) for a week- and needless to say I AM PUMPED!
So I am sitting at my desk feigning work, which is a nice plus about this job, admiring the sunshine outside and thinking that at some point I would like to go see the new Harry Potter movie....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MAKING EACH DAY TO COUNT
Today, you can choose to complain because the weather is rainy or you can be thankful that the crops are getting watered for free.

Each day, you can choose to grumble about your health or you can choose to rejoice that you are alive.

Each day, you can cry because roses have thorns or you can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Each day, you can mourn your lack of friends or you can embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Each day, you can complain because you have much work or you can shout for joy because you have a job to do.

Each day, you can lament all that your parents didn’t give you when you were growing up or you can feel grateful that they allowed you to be born.

You are the sculptor and architect of each day! Each day comes to you raw! You are to shape it with your attitude! You cannot tailor-make the situations in life, but you can tailor-make your attitude to fit every situation.

“There is nothing ever good in bad, but your thinking make it so”- Shakespeare

DISCIPLINE
Discipline is remembering where you are going and doing all you can to make sure you get there. - David Campbell

Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable, procures success to the weak and esteem to all. – George Washington

Discipline is when you refuse to copy/envy others because you know where you are going. - Rev. Chris E. Kwakpovwe

Discipline is when you don’t despise those you have differences with and you still do not compromise your standards or convictions. - Maple Dappa

Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, or undue depression in adversity. - Socrates
madaskius@yahoo.com