Thursday, July 5, 2007

TACO TRUCKS??? HOT DOG CARTS???


Ok, so talking to my dad today he was telling me about how N'awlins is crawling with Taco trucks. This is not an unusual site in Italy to see on the roadside or at outdoor markets, not Mexican food, but roadside trucks offering tasty treats such as tripe sandwich and the such. We had a particularly interesting roadside stand near my house a few years back called Ciccio & Ciccia which literally means Fatso and Fasta (the feminine of Fatso). I found this name particularly amusing but however quite appropriate as the two proprietors were rather on the chubby side of the spectrum. They were very popular with the late night motorino after disco crowd - much like the famed late night hotdog runs of my friend Natasha. Anyway, I am happy to see that the new locals are installing their own traditions and giving the local folks a bit of their Latin flavor - a one man quoted "it's better than Taco Bell" - that's good enough for me!!!

No comments: