Friday, July 6, 2007

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE

Ok, so insomnia reigns at Via Enrico Baroni #13...was up at 4.30am to settle an unsettled child who was apparently fighting demons in his sleep and wanted his mamma. So of course I ran (the whole 2 feet) to his room and hugged and cuddled him and laid beside him until he was back in the land of sugarplum fairies and broom brooms (translation - cars) peppe (trucks- imagine a horn honking peh peh) and fanté (his new favorite we go to school with it we sleep with it plastic elephant that was bought to calm him at the discount German grocery store that I frequent ever since I was put on a restrictive budget by my hubby! (No Commnet) It has it's good points- they frequently have "Americany type stuff" that I pick up.
So I definitely think that this lack of sleep is the main cause of my - dare I say it "mild depression" that I have been feeling lately - just not my usual sunny self. My dad's advice "drink water". While drinking water is a good idea I am not sure that it is going to solve my problem. However, a relaxing weekend with a pool party, sunshine, grilled hot dogs & hamburgers should do the trick - I am counting on it.

1 comment:

Nat D said...

I had completely forgotten about the curtain skirts. Did we really wear them to Rick Seelings Dance Club? If people were not in cotillion, they may think we are some awful home-maker club goers or else wayward youth who tried to hang out in clubs too early.