Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rainy Tuesday in Florence

So I am just back from the doctor's from the first "official" sonogram and even though we thought I was only 12 weeks the dimensions of #2 the revenge are that we are really 13 weeks and due on November 24th...very strange because I went to the hospital to have Madison on the 24th of November 2004- even though he was not to arrive until the 27th...I am quite freaking out for that because I don't want Madison's birthday to in any way get ruint by this baby- by the way if you don't know what ruint is look it up in the Meridian Ms Guide to past simple verbs.. (learned that word at Strong River in the 80's). Anyway, the weather is crap here today...rainy and cold...not like what it should be on May 20th ...and yes, for the few of you out there that attended it was 10 years ago this May 23rd that I wed the big Sandy....I have to admit it was the best wedding I have attended so far--including my sisters! Maybe I am a bit prejudiced on this one- but I had a great time, my friends and family had a great time and the FOOD WAS AWESOME! Now here I am 10 years later with 3 year old at school and his sibling for the moment making me look like lots of people do after Thanksgiving lunch...I will try not to talk too much about babies in the next 6 months as I am sure it will bore lots of you singletons and wocs, but that is a lot of what I am doing now--doctor's appointments left and right...Alessandro left today to go to Lecce which is at the very bottom of Italy for work and I really hate it when he leaves because at first I am relieved to have some space but I truly miss him when he is gone...and there is no one to take out the garbage either....just joking...it was a nightmare though because he left at 6am and then his plane had problems due to too much weight and it was storming here so he volunteered to get off the plane- then was bused to Bologna and just now flew to Rome and hopefully he is boarding the plane for Brindisi where he will then take a car transfer to Lecce---travelling to southern Italy is not easy! Maddy and I will miss him! Well gotta get back to work for now...

1 comment:

Mel said...

hi clinton!
i love your blog! i can sooooo hear your voice and you say the funniest things (this is a compliment, i'm not taking the piss). sorry to hear you're on your own but if it makes you feel any better so am i! (gio's having a knee operation in the north of italy).
anyway, looking forward to thur night at the lebanese!
cia ciao, un bacio, mel xx