Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday night ramblings and outrages!

Ok, so I am at work and should be working but as it is 10 to 4pm on Friday afternoon my mind is wandering. I am super bummed out because the weather forecast for this weekend and the next 10 days is rain, clouds and more rain! SHITE! I don't normally hate "rainy days and mondays" but with a 3 year old who is barely containable in open spaces the thought of having to be indoors for a weekend is horrendous..this means I will more than likely be forced to spend the weekend with my mother-in-law. This would not be as awful as it sounds, except that she and her "partner" (European word for man/woman who is not your legal spouse and you are too old to call them girlfriend/boyfriend--> for me it sounds like a same-sex word but I am adapting to the Your a peein' ways) are fighting a lot. Not like knock down drag out fights, but bitchy, wise-ass comments left and right and lots of voice raising (not uncommon for Italians) and it is doing my head in-- I am mean I have enough working with crazy eye-talians all week that I don't need it on the weekend.

ok so time is passing so slowly today that I feel like I am going to cry...ok so lots of horrible things have been happening in Italy lately- mostly in Sicily. I doubt this has made the NY Times but it should..three boys 15,16,17 killed this 14 girl because they claim that she was pregnant with one of theirs baby and was going to tell her dad- they took her to an isolated spot...raped her in turns then beat her beyond recognition of her own parents and then strangled her....they have now confessed and after confessing said "can we go home now?" What kind of animals are these people? I mean what is going on in this world-- horrible to have your child killed, but also think what it would be like to know that your own child was a HORRIBLE MONSTER who could kill another person and not even feel bad about it....I am shocked and feel nauseous. Another situation where a 20 year old man is taking phone films of sex with his 13 year girlfriend---hello are you INSANE?? What are you doing having sex with a 13 year old--that is called being a pedofile! I am very frightened for the world we are bringing our children into ....

1 comment:

Nat D said...

holy crap! HOLY CRAP!