Friday, May 16, 2008

Guess What??


For all of those who still don't know...I am pregant with # 2!!! This is not him or her but a random sonogram picture of a 12.5 week old baby- I am right at 12 weeks so I thought it was appropriate... I am very excited and scared and nervous and overwhelmed and joyful and hormonal and emotional...I was telling my husband today about what the guards who watch the tomb of the unknown soldier have to go through to be worthy of their job and how even in the face of death refused to leave their post and I started crying. I am patriotic even though there are lots of things that American does that makes me angry mostly because I consider them un-American (like putting an Italian guy in jail just for visiting his girlfriend "too often" in Washington, DC- see the NY TIMES for the article) but I could never be as patriotic as these guys- in fact all military persons who risk their own lives in order to protect our country deserve our respect even if you are not in agreement with war- I truly don't think that anyone wants war- this is my opinion...anyway I digress...

2 comments:

Nat D said...

holy crap! HOLY CRAP! Congratulations, Notnilc!

eliza said...

I am very excited, and I am very glad we got to talk yesterday. Strange to think it was 10 years ago right now that we were in Italy and you and Sandy were getting married. Happy memories!