Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lunch Break Commentary

So I am not a faithful blogger like my friends, however, many times I feel sure that it is quite egotistical of me to assume that others would be interested in what I have to say-but as there are only like 3 people who occasionally read this blog I guess it is no biggie. ... I want to just say a few things in my remaining 9 minutes of my lunch "break"....lately I have come to realize that while I CHOOSE to move to Italy and a lot of times I do love it...I mostly love what it could be and not what it is...I miss ICEES not Slurpees as they are the ugly step sister of ICEES which only 7-11 had in the past and then Circle K....by the way I only figured out the other day that 7-11 referred to the operating hours of the famed convenient store--am I an idiot or what...HELLO!!! Because I was thinking- 7-11, 24-7 what the hell is 7-11 and then I was like DUH open at 7am close at 11pm...well glad to know that I have single-handedly put this issue to rest. Umm, I also love cheese grills (as I used to call them ) from the BRCC snack bar at the pool- at least I used to until all the REAL staff were either let go or died. They were super fattening before I cared about fattening and smothered with butter on the outside to make them crispy and I would only eat them with mustard- which I love...and prefer to all other condiments..what else do I really really miss--a part from my sisters - which I consider practically appendages I love them so much..I miss driving around with nothing to do with Eliza Borne, listening to the radio and singing our (or my in this case) tone deaf voices belting out show tunes...once or twice with a daiquiri in my hand--here they pronounce it DIE-Key-ree and it drives me BATTY.. I miss fat free twinkies...I miss daytime television, I miss NBC nights (do they even have them) although I have to admit that last night by myself I rented AirBuddies for Madison, Spiderman 3 for Alessandro and Pride and Prejudice for myself (because I hadn't quite finished reading it for the book club meeting tonight-even though I have read it in the past)...one minute remaining...mostly I just miss American easiness and laughter-thank god for my 'merican friends here -especially Heather --or else it would really be unbearable...God Bless American- your humor and your junk food without which I would be forever lost...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

America misses you as well...

Nat D said...

Indeed. and see, we do read it!

eliza said...

Aw! I miss those drives as well. I don't mean to be nitpicky, but 7-11 has Slurpees, and Circle K has Icees. I like them both, but I was partial to Slurpees because I thought they had neater flavors as a kid and was very sad when 7-11 went away. Do you remember when we were driving innocently down that super-exclusive street near your house with coffees probably talking about our love lives or Empire Records and got pulled over like we were really suspicious criminal types? Still indignant about that to this day.

eliza said...

P.S. Speaking of Circle K, do you remember the day we went there to buy corn nuts, beefaroni, and champagne?

What were we thinking?

Clinton Gene Healey said...

yes I remember it...we were so drunk and crazy for munchies and then i felt like throwing up for hours and Emily came over to show us half of her marvin the martian tattoo...
by the way you are wrong wrong wrong about Icee-Slurpees---besides the only flavors that count are coke and strawberrry...the rest suck

Clinton Gene Healey said...

yes I was so indignant about that as well...like I am not free to cruise down a street in a fancy neighborhood....hello LAND OF THE FREE...WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT???

Katherine C. said...

I am sorry Clinton, but Slurpees are so much better!!
They have 7-11 in Dallas and I got spoiled for a while.
Glad to see you posting again!

Nat D said...

Don't even make me come over there and kick some ass Katherine & Eliza! Icees are SO MUCH BETTER than Slurpees. I was sad when 7-11's closed in LA, but when in school in VA was curious as to what I had loved so much about an icee. I heart Icees! I HEART ICEES!

eliza said...

Do you mean I am wrong that Slurpees are better or that 7/11 had Slurpees? 7/11 FOR SURE had Slurpees. I would bet my life on it. Icees were sold at K-Mart. Don't get me wrong, I can suck down a coke Icee with the best of them these days, but I loved how Slurpees came in flavors like grape and orange.